Thursday, June 17, 2010

Plugging Along

Hi!  It's been a while since I've posted - things have been a little hectic around here lately...  And, once again, I don't have anything super brilliant to say (do I ever?).  So, I'll just give you a brief update on all that's been going on and what's to come in the Exciting Life of Katie.

A few weeks ago, my mom and I drove down to Columbia, Missouri to look for an apartment (for me, for August).  It was an awesome trip and I'm really excited to live there!  Here are some pictures from the trip:

University of Missouri campus




The Anthropology building - my office will be the first window on the left, above the door (the one with no window ac)!


One of the best breakfasts I've had.  Seriously.


Columbia Farmer's Market


Amazingly, even with all of the sightseeing and EATING we did, I did manage to find a place!  It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment with a nice kitchen, in a very nice neighborhood, not too far from campus (maybe a 15 minute drive/30 minute bike ride), with a big front yard and a little forested area with a creek in the back.  Here it is:



I'll be signing the lease this week and moving sometime in August.  I'm not sure about when, exactly, I'll move my things down, but I will physically be living in Lincoln until just after August 14th (graduation!).

Since the Columbia trip, I've been filling all of my time with thesis work and volleyball camps.  Camp coaching is kind of brutal because it starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 8:30 p.m. with a break for lunch and for dinner.  The nice thing about them is that I actually enjoy coaching, so I can get my fix, and they're also pretty good $$.  I'll work one more in late July, but I'm pretty happy to be done for now.  For the next month and a half, I will be doing nothing but THESIS, THESIS, THESIS, with a tentative defense date set for "mid-July."  Descriptive, right?  Anyway, it's crunch time.  So, really, that's about it.  I have lots to do and a little time to do it in, with weekends almost totally full from mid-July through mid-August when I move.  I'll be taking this one day at a time, I believe.

Ok, one more announcement before I go...  

I'm going to be an aunt AND a godmother!  : )

My sister is due in mid-September and as long as the kid doesn't steal my birthday (which I have a sneaking suspicion Maggie is going to try to MAKE happen - haha), it's pretty exciting!  Looks like I'm going to have to start planning that baby shower pretty soon...  

No comments:

Post a Comment