Monday, January 2, 2012

A Year of Ups and Downs

Hello Friends,

Well, it's official.  2011 is gone and 2012 is already a couple of days underway.  I very much hope that you all had a couple of nice, restful weeks and enjoyed some time with family and friends. 

While my 2011 was full of lots of ups,

Sanibel, FL

Montpellier, France
Kennebunkport, Maine

Matlab, Bangladesh

Matlab, Bangladesh

Chiayi, Taiwan

Montreal, Quebec

Lincoln, NE
 unfortunately, my family ended the year with some sad news.  On Friday morning, December 30th, my aunt (my mom's sister) Annette passed away.  As you can imagine, this has been a difficult time for our family.  We have been so lucky, though, to have each other and to have the support of some really outstanding friends.  If you are the praying type, please keep my uncle, who lost his loving wife of over 30 years, my cousins, who lost a loving mother, and my mom, who lost her sister, in your prayers.

Thank you all and a very Happy New Year. 

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you all ...

    Wow! Seeing your year in pictures is amazing! I can hardly believe that's all ONE year. I am so glad I could share part of it with you. Life holds much for you my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is hard to believe that all happened in ONE YEAR! :) It's great to travel to new places and always even better to come home...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your "ups" - I think overall it was a great year of change and new things. We will be thinking of your family during this difficult time.
    Love!!
    Jayme

    ReplyDelete