Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Happy Place

Although I am really enjoying my classes this semester, I am definitely starting to feel that middle-of-the-semester bogged down, can't see the light at the end of the tunnel feeling.  And it's happening a little early this time.  It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the amount of weekly homework is more than a little overwhelming, evidenced by the fact that I have spent countless Saturday nights this semester at home doing homework.  Go me.  That's ok.  I'm learning a lot.  And I'll appreciate a little break at the end of this semester like never before.
But...  Every now and then, I have to close my eyes, take a few deep breaths, and go to my Happy Place.  I'm sure you could all easily guess what that is:





Let's just say it involves me, the beach, and a good book.

So, when I start to feel stressed or overwhelmed, or whatever, I have a cup of Lighthouse Cafe coffee in my Sanibel Bean coffee cup, and think about the sun and the breeze and the fine white sand.  And for a few minutes, all is right with the world...

What's your Happy Place?

p.s.  Mine has some serious competition:
                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment