Monday, June 11, 2012

Photo a Day: June 10th

My favorite part of the weekend.  Lounging in my adirondack chair, catching some rays.


I'm a little behind with posting.  I'll pick it up today and post twice to get back on track.  

In any case, it would be impossible to pick my favorite part of this last weekend.  I got back into Columbia late Thursday night (technically, Friday morning) and spent my day on Friday resting, attempting (and failing) to get back on Central Time, and running errands.  Saturday and Sunday, though, were the greatest.  The weekend was literally full of time with friends.  As a grad student, summer is the time when people tend to scatter.  Some friends are in town some of the time and I'm in town some of the time, so when we happen to be in the same place at the same time, it's nice to see each other and catch up.  I'm leaving soon for my two months of language school, so this was my last chance to see my friends in Columbia for the next two months.  

I'm going to tell you a little something about me:  I hate, hate, HATE saying goodbye to people.  Even if it's only for 2 months and I know they'll be here when I get back and that we'll keep in touch while I'm gone.  I am totally that person who pretends like I'll see someone again once more before I go, just so that I don't have to actually say goodbye.  Sorry, friends.  It's totally selfish, but it does save me from the inevitable emotional breakdown, so you benefit a bit, too...

Annnyyyyway, though...  It was a fantastic weekend.  I didn't get photos of most of it because I was too busy enjoying myself.  I did manage to spend a little time in my yard yesterday, though, lounging in my new, awesome adirondack chair, working on my packing list (I heart lists), and soaking up the sun, and I also managed to take a picture of it.  So, it's my photo of the day, it was a great part of my weekend, but it wasn't my favorite.  My favorite was spending lots and lots of time with some really good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment